The employment offices were the central authorities for the deployment of foreigners. The Berlin employment office ran the transit camps in Wilhelmshagen and Rehbrücke, assigned forced labourers to applicant companies, set up the sick and death camp in Blankenfelde and arranged the burial of deceased forced labourers.
The building, constructed in 1940, was also partly used by the Organisation Todt. The foreign labour office was housed in the rear section of the building on Charlottenstraße.
More on Tanja Beljawska in the tour “Forced Labour was Everywhere”, stop 11