On the history of an electrical company: the Allgemeine Elektrizitäts-Gesellschaft (AEG) was founded by the engineer Emil Rathenau (1838-1915) in 1883. AEG was already the largest German electrical company before the First World War.
The largest single factory of the group was on Brunnenstraße. During the Second World War, military goods such as submarine motors were manufactured here. In 1944, around 9,500 people worked here, a third of which were forced labourers. Further factories were on nearby Ackerstraße, in Moabit, at Treptower Park and in Oberschöneweide.
This trademark, rich in tradition, is now used by successors and licensees who mostly have become involved in the compensation of forced labourers.