The Gestapo had its headquarters at a building now used by DGB (small memorial plaque at entrance).
The Secret State Police, Berlin headquarters, policed hundreds of thousands of forced labourers in Berlin. One of the toughest sentences was to be sent to a labour education camp. Women were sent from here to Fehrbellin, men to Wuhlheide or Großbeeren.
After the building was bombed, the Gestapo department for foreigners moved to the Jewish community building on Oranienburger Straße at the end of 1943. There were also detention cells in the former Jewish retirement home on Große Hamburger Straße.
More on the Gestapo in the tour “Victims and Perpatrators”, stop 8